Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Wave of Relief


As we've learned as we've studied the importance of visual literacy, showing, not just telling is far more effective for teaching and learning since it allows us to tap into another modality (Lamb). I've created a powerpoint to summarize my project.

Please copy/paste the link below into your browser window to take a look at my efforts.

https://oncourse.iu.edu/portal/site/~lcronk/page/323c037e-45bd-49ca-b41f-7bc617c94bbc

Additionally, this faded image is my hand-sketched plan for planting--subject to change as my artistic whims hit me, or as my back starts hurting as I dig. If anyone really can see the sketch (or really cares) , sketch key is

1. Existing trees
2. Shrubs and bushes
3. Existing flagstone path (actually on a slight downhill, so the bluebells and daffies should have a sort of cascading look--I hope)
4. Unidentified circles: good guesses about where existing hosta and fern are.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I tried to click over to your URL. It lead me to the IUPUI sign-in screen, but then to a "page is unavailable" message.

    Nevertheless, I enjoyed looking at your sketch. I noticed that we both selected home-improvment projects. (Yours sounds a lot more interesting, by the way.) I hope you'll be able to post some pictures of your progress in April as we're winding down the semester and you're winding up your gardening efforts.

    I can emphathize with your "wish-list." I felt myself nodding my head in agreement with you on several points. It is difficult to juggle graduate school with full-time employment and family responsibilities. I think many of us are trying to manage the best we can.

    You really seemed to take your project seriously, and I think you'll be so happy (when winter is finally over) that you have your arsenal of information and plans to implement. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete