Saturday, February 7, 2009

Time in a Bottle (Wishing)

I've made it.  This is the final W in a journey that began six weeks ago.  Kuhlthau in her ISP notes that most feel a sense of accomplishment at this point, which is true.  However, it's also true that I'm incredibly relieved that I've survived and already looking forward with some trepidation to the next project--feelings that undoubtedly interfere with my assessment of the project. 


This stage is about  "assessing, evaluating, and reflecting on the process and the product" (Lamb).
So here goes, randomly as usual:

1.  I wish it were spring.

2.  I wish I had more time.  This is not some lame lament about the ephemeral nature of life; this is about working full time, taking another course while still keeping up with housework, laundry, and the dogs.

3.  I wish that the lines about teaching old dogs new tricks wasn't so apt.  Trying to bend ingrained habits into a new intellectual scaffold has been a challenge.  It's been especially hard to keep sight that the product means less than the process in this project.

4.  I wish I had more money, so I could hire someone to handle the manure.  My back is going to be a wreck!

5.  I wish my powerpoint wasn't so primitive.

6.  I wish I was a linear thinker.

7.  I wish I could remember all of the blogs I'm following.

8.  I wish I could start planting today.  I think I've made a good plan, and it's going to be beautiful, if I do say so myself.




3 comments:

  1. I wish it were spring too! I enjoyed your blogs. I think you did a great job of quoting professional resources.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you 100%! I wish it were spring as well. I enjoyed reading your trials throug planning out your backyard landscaping. My husband and I will be doing that a little this summer as well. If we had more money we could get it all done in one year, and not have to draw it out over a few. But by the end of the summer there will be a deck in our backyard and hopefully two trees!!

    And when we get days like yesterday and today i want to be outside. But alas it is still winter and I am taking a graduate class. So just like you my time is limited. Just be glad your kids are a little older.

    Anyway, I have enjoyed readiing your blog. And I can picture your final project in my imagination. I hope you and your family enjoy all of your hard work.

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish it was spring too. I hope you post photos of your garden once you get it all done. I would like to see it. I know my husband and I will be working on our house to get it into selling shape and the big thing will be to work on the curb appeal. Good luck with your project, but have fun doing it.

    Kris

    ReplyDelete