Saturday, January 31, 2009

Webbing (pt 2)





For the first time in weeks, the temperature is approaching freezing and the sun is out! This means I could walk the dogs, refill my bird feeders, and actually take some pictures of the project site!

The better weather also seemed to bring some focus and some confidence that I'm actually going to be able to finish this by the deadline. I know which sources I'm focusing on and the start of a plan for organizing my information. I know that my "wrap" is going to include a plan for plants, a rough drawing of where they'll go, a proposed schedule for implementation (this is going to take at least two years), and a proposed budget. This gives me clues for how this could be adapted to a similar project for students and what standards to attach. Hooray! God bless St. Kuhlthal; she knows whereof she speaks when said, "As focus is formed, feelings shift from confusion and doubt to optimism and confidence (Students and the Information Process).

So today I'll visit the library and Barnes and Noble, as well as do a little focused surfing at INPAWS and Wayside. Tomorrow afternoon, the horticulturist at Taltree is going to spend a little time with me individually while I'm attending his presentation on dirt, so he can advise me on my ideas for plants. With any luck, I'll even have time to watch the SuperBowl! (Go Steelers! If the Bears can't be there, at least a REAL football team that focuses on defense and plays the game outdoors as God intended has a chance!)

No comments:

Post a Comment